How would you respond to the following frequently asked questions about your goals and ethics. Writing it down gives you the opportunity to consider how you incorporate your Personal Marketing Plan into each answer as well as consider your weaknesses or gaps in employment. Remember, you are not trying to memorize your answers – you’ll just sound like a robot!
- Where do you see yourself in 5, 10 or 20 years?
- What personal goals are you seeking through a legal career?
- What will it take to attain your goals and what steps have you taken toward attaining them?
- What do you think it takes to be successful as a lawyer?
- How do you determine or evaluate success for yourself?
- What are your standards of success in school? What have you done to meet these standards?
- If you weren’t in law school, what would you be doing right now?
- What long-term satisfaction do you expect to obtain from a legal career?
- How do you expect to balance work and personal life?
- How do you feel about lawyers advertising or soliciting clients?
- Is there any type of work you would not feel comfortable doing at our firm?
- How do you think your ethical standards compare with others in your law school class?
- What do you consider to be the most difficult ethical challenge lawyers face?
- What would you do if an employer made a decision with which you strongly disagreed?