How would you respond to the following frequently asked questions about your commitment to that employer and your thoughts on leadership. Writing it down gives you the opportunity to consider how you incorporate your Personal Marketing Plan into each answer as well as consider your weaknesses or gaps in employment. Remember, you are not trying to memorize your answers – you’ll just sound like a robot!
- Have you decided what city you would ultimately like to settle in?
- Why did you sign up for an interview with us?
- What do you know about our firm?
- Who else are you interviewing with?Why do you want to live in _____________?
- To what extent would you be willing to travel?
- What practice area do you see yourself in?
- Are you interested in doing pro bono work?
- What are your salary expectations?
- What is more important to you, the job itself or the salary?
- Why do you want to work at this firm/agency/organization?
- What do you think makes a good leader? a good lawyer?
- Describe a situation where you assumed a leadership role.
- Tell me about someone you consider a good leader and why.
- Have you ever been in a situation where a good/bad leader caused success/failure?
- Describe your leadership attributes.