How would you respond to the following frequently asked questions about your law school experience and previous jobs by jotting down bullet thoughts for each one. Writing it down gives you the opportunity to consider how you incorporate your Personal Marketing Plan into each answer as well as consider your weaknesses or gaps in employment. Remember, you are not trying to memorize your answers – you’ll just sound like a robot!
- Why do you want to be a lawyer?
- Why did you decide to go to law school?
- Why did you choose the University of Wyoming?
- What was your favorite class? Least favorite?
- Who is your favorite professor? Why?
- Should we be concerned about your grades/class rank?
- Why didn’t you pursue Law Review/Moot Court?
- What activities did you participate in?
- Are you involved in any activities outside of law school?
- Do you find it hard to manage your time between law school and work?Has law school prepared you for the practice of law?
- Have your ideas about being a lawyer changed since you started law school?
- What influenced you to choose this career?
- Describe the type of professor that has created the most beneficial learning experience for you.
- How would a previous employer describe you?
- How did you get your last job?
- What did you gain from that experience?
- How do you function in a fast-paced work environment?
- Describe the ideal supervisor/characteristics of a successful manager.
- Describe the least effective supervisor.
- What problems have you encountered in previous jobs?
- Describe a time when you were not very satisfied or pleased with your performance. What did you do about it?
- Tell me about a major problem you recently handled. Were you successful in resolving it?
- What is the most interesting job you’ve ever had?
- What do you consider to be a positive work environment?
Have you ever worked with a difficult person? How did you handle the situation?